03 July 2010

Song of the Day

TITLE: Dani California
ARTIST: Red Hot Chili Peppers
GENRE: Alternative, Funk Rock
ALBUM: Stadium Arcadium - Jupiter
YEAR: 2007

This is my first Song of the Day. Therefore, I'm aiming to make it worthwhile.

I'd have to choose "Dani California" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm not much of a mainstream person, and this is honestly the type of music that I love.

I love this song NOT just because of the tributary music video, but because it's just a really cool-sounding, catchy song. I heard it on the radio once, and I was like, "That's a cool song." Then I downloaded it, and I started listening to it habitually.

So the song is about the character that one of my favorite singers, Anthony Kiedis, made up, named "Dani California." She's this real rebel and all, carrying a gun and wearing a black scarf on her head. It talks about how Anthony thinks California is crumbling (California, rest in peace, simultaneous release).

Just in case, if you think you might enjoy the song just as much as I do, you can listen to it below. The music video can't be embedded, so I'll just embed a video with the song playing.

The music video is a tribute to a bunch of awesome rockers, such as The Sex Pistols, Prince, Misfits, Nirvana, and at the end... themselves. What? They're awesome rockers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment